Week 3 in Chennai!

My first three weeks in Chennai have been super eventful and fun! I would say that we are all pretty settled in, and have got a stronger grasp of our expectations for this internship. Since this is my first time working in a real company, I honestly didn’t know what I should expect, but from what I did think it would be like, this internship is a bit different. It is very free-flowing, which is something that I can appreciate. Because of this, I am not so stressed out all the time, and I can take time in working on what I need to do. However, I think that we would all benefit from a bit of stricter deadlines and having what our expectations are a little more layed out. Otherwise though, I am really enjoying my work here. I have been working almost fully in Adobe Illustrator as of yet, but I am hoping to also try working a little in 3D softwares like Autodesk Maya, and trying some work with user interfaces. The people who we work with have been great too, and very welcoming. We all eat lunch together on the terrace and get to bond which is really nice.

One thought on “Week 3 in Chennai!

Sadhana, it’s great that you’ve been flexible with the degree of structure that is provided in your work environment.

With the mention of preferring to have deadlines and clearer expectations, do you think this could be a discussion topic that you directly share with your supervisor during a future check-in?

It may be helpful to connect with coworkers in the interim to see examples of how they keep themselves on-track given the overall less structured environment.