15 minutes

It seems like May just began, but I have to come back to the reality of its end. One reason for this feeling maybe the fact that I had a lot on my plate during the month. I was mostly in charge of the groundwork for a large public health study from its email to database management. During the study visits, I got used to seeing people spit for about 15 minutes and even consistently processed cervical samples of women. I also became heavily involved with PILOT, a student organization that I had been trying to devote more time to and I am glad to say I have. April will be more rigorous as I begin to set up another big project and I am excited to begin to become a junior researcher.

3 thoughts on “15 minutes

Hi Eliyas! My name is Hannah Lozon and I work at the Opportunity Hub. I will be following your blog posts this summer and I look forward to hearing more about your experience at the School of Public Health. Are you able to share some more about what the project you’re working on is about? And what does PILOT stand for, and what is it’s charge? I’m glad you’ve been able to devote more time to it this summer.

As you consider both of these summer experiences you’re taking advantage of, I am curious how these fit into your long range goals for your future. Have you been in to the Hub and met with any of our staff who can help you represent that well on your resume, LinkedIn, or cover letters?

I know you’ve got a lot on your plate, but I would love to read a little bit more during your next post.

Hello Ms. Lozon, I do know many Hub Staff. Mr. Anderson and Charles, a former intern have helped me craft a professional resume and edit it as well! I also know Ms. Day, and Ms. Mendez through another workshop their taught in the summer. Mr Barron and Mr. Joiner-Hill also were guest lecturers for one of my class. Mr. Joiner-Hill helped me with my LinkedIn as well.

Eliyas, I am so happy to hear you’ve connected with so many of our staff here at the Hub, that is absolutely fabulous. Glad to hear they have helped you in your career journey!