Home life while interning| #3

After work on Tuesday, I was able to meet up with my family for dinner in the city.  However, I still wanted to make a large pasta dish to bring for lunches at work.  After dinner, I rushed to get home during day light.  Being alone at night can get scary.

This night, I made a pasta dish with basil and mushrooms (photo).  It’s hard to get “just right” because of so few ingredients used to make a sauce.  Luckily, I was able to get it just right by adding a hefty amount of butter and olive oil to diffuse the tastes from the mushrooms and basil.  I boiled a whole box of noodles and the ratio of noodles to sauce was perfect- it tasted wonderfully.

Because of dinner in the city and the time it took to make the pasta dish, I was rushing to get in to bed at a decent time.  My iron had arrived and I still had to iron my work pants after making the pasta.  With pants ironed, myself showered, and the food put away, I made it into bed just after midnight.  Not the best timing since I have to be up at 7 for my 40 minute commute into the city. Nevertheless, I fell asleep and woke up feeling refreshed.

One thought on “Home life while interning| #3

Growing up fast WOW. You go Bri. Be safe at night. Lots of love
    DAD