Supporting Renewable Energy | #3

This past week at First Solar was a great continuation of my learning experience. I was able to finally meet my fellow intern and wolverine – who also happens to be my roommate this summer. It’s very nice having the support of another student your age while you are going through the process of an internship. I’ve been in lab for a few weeks before she started so I’ve been trying to help her get acquainted with both the area and the job itself the best I can.

As far as experiments go – I’ve been mainly dealing with two types of samples/experiments that deal with recycling and wastewater. I feel like I’m getting better and better each day, and I think my co-workers can tell too. I still am having trouble remembering everything for the method of operating the ICP-OES with these samples, but I think I will be accustomed to it eventually. My featured image for this post is a breakdown of what goes inside an ICP-OES.

Later today I am visiting two other laboratory facilities within my company that being the wastewater and MAD labs. I’m excited to see how these labs compare to my own and broaden my horizons as it comes to laboratories.

One thought on “Supporting Renewable Energy | #3

Hi Hannah – sounds as though you are really getting into the swing of things – intricacies of ICP-OES machines aside – and it’s wonderful that you can put your learning from the first few weeks into action by helping the new intern settle in. I’m excited that you have the opportunity to see some of the other labs and to begin to piece together how the many components of the company work together. Can’t wait to hear how it goes and if you get the chance to connect to new colleagues with insights and interests relevant to your own!