Exploring Boston | #2

My roommate and I spent the last weekend exploring Boston, which is a quick bus ride over the bridge from where we’re living in Cambridge. We went to the Boston Public Library first, which is the oldest library in the USA. It’s unbelievably pretty on the outside and the inside. From there we went to the Church of Christian Science, where we did a tour of both the church and the mapparium. The mapparium is a giant three-story stained glass globe that you can walk inside – it was super cool! We took a lunch break after leaving the mapparium and then stopped by the Isabella Gardner Museum, which has a gorgeous courtyard. It was also the sight of a huge heist in 1990, so that was interesting to hear about. Although Bostonians have a reputation for being somewhat abrasive, everyone we met was really nice and helpful. There’s several places we didn’t get to that I’ve heard good things about, so I hope to come back very soon!

One thought on “Exploring Boston | #2

Hi Sandra! This is such a great picture — the mapparium sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing and I applaud you for taking the opportunity to explore new places around you.

Until next time,
    Tyler