Chennai week 5

I am almost halfway through the internship in Chennai. It’s about time to reflect on what goals I have accomplished and think about new goals for the second half of the internship.

I think I am making good progress on learning Unity. I am glad that I am able to complete a whole feature, with sounds and animations, and help to integrate it into existing code base. The experience is valuable because it gives me a good idea of how the workflow is at designing features. For example, I learnt that I can start working on the logic of the feature before the art team gives me all the graphics. It is also helpful for me to learn what to look out for when designing and implementing further features. For example, I think next time I should think more about the architecture of the code before starting implementing so that my code can be efficient.

I accomplished my goal of learning Unity and developing a feature on my own that I can put on my resume. For the second half of the internship, I hope to work on another feature about the same intensity that involves 3D Unity. If I have time left, I would also wish to get a basic understanding of MySQL and accomplish a short assignment that involves it.

One thought on “Chennai week 5

Thanks so much for sharing your progress on your goals, Lan. It sounds like things are going well for you in Chennai and you are learning what you wanted to be learning. I recommend that you also use this midpoint to have a conversation with your supervisor about your goals for the second half of your internship, if you haven’t already done so. That is a really good way to ensure that you are maximizing the opportunities available to you!