Midpoint #4

As I near the midpoint of my internship, I’m reflecting more on what I felt coming into the office for the first time. When I first started my internship I didn’t know what to expect. I was nervous and I went in thinking that I wouldn’t be given too many tasks to do. However, this has not been the case. The amount of substantial work that I have been doing throughout the summer has made me really enjoy working with the EPA. Through my work I was able to gain a better understanding of what this branch of the agency does everyday. In one of my classes, this past winter semester, we spoke about permits and how companies have to remain in compliance with their permits in order to continue doing business. I remember sitting in class wondering if big agencies, like the EPA, actually take time to go through and ensure that each company that has a permit with them is remaining in compliance. Now I know that they do because I am one of those people that are reviewing permit requirements and I am able to witness the procedures that are taken when a company is not in compliance in order to make sure that they are brought back into compliance. It has been a really great internship thus far and I look forward to what the remainder of the summer has to offer.

One thought on “Midpoint #4

Very cool that you are actually working directly on something that you learned about in class! Thanks for sharing, Karly!