Promax Summit in Vegas | #3

Yesterday, my fellow CBS Television Distribution interns and I were given the opportunity to attend the PromaxBDA Station Summit in Las Vegas. This event is for television station marketers, local affiliates from all over the country, and other promotion professionals. Other television networks such as NBC, Sony, Warner Brothers, and Disney were in attendance as well.

Us interns were assigned to the duties of checking people into their meetings, and helping out wherever else was needed. I was given the opportunity to meet so many talented people, including the show directors for the CBS Television Distribution Shows such as Inside Edition, Entertainment Tonight, Rachel Ray, The Doctors, Judge Judy, and Dr. Phill. Being able to sit in on some of these meetings taught me a lot about how the show is sold to local stations, and where the affiliate goals lie/differentiate throughout different demographics of the United States.

Alex Trebek, award winning game show host of Jeopardy, was the keynote speaker for the summit and for CBS Television Distribution as well. Hearing him speak and tell his story was very inspiring.

I feel very fortunate to be working with such an amazing company, who has given their interns so much experience and opportunity. I am now half way through my internship with CTD, and look forward to putting forth my best efforts for the remaining half of my time here.

One thought on “Promax Summit in Vegas | #3

Hi Lauren! Very cool! It’s great to hear how your internship is offering you such rich and rewarding experiences!

Getting to sit in and listen on those meetings and understand more of the back-end of how things work is really great experience. It sounds like you learned a lot during your time there and also had a great opportunity in getting to meet some of those TV stars.

Keep up the great work!