Week 3: Feeling More Established

It is kind of crazy that I am already approaching the end of my 3rd week of my internship, it feels like it is going by incredibly fast. I guess the best part of it is that I now feel like I actually have my rhythm somewhat down in how my week goes. Unlike my time at school, I actually have a pretty regular sleep schedule thanks to working everyday. I go to sleep at 11pm, and wake up at 7am, work out, shower, eat, mess around on my phone, and join my roommate on his moped to go to work at around 9:40am, and then work from 10am until 6pm, with lunch at 3pm. I have dinner usually right when I get back at around 6:30pm, and then do whatever I feel like with the free time that I have left until bedtime. Honestly I don’t think I have been this consistent with my days in years, and I actually really appreciate this pattern to my day, and wasn’t aware previously that this would be a side effect of my internship, especially one that I would like this much.

In addition to that, I also feel like I have found a good rhythm not only to my day but also for my work, since now I feel a lot more comfortable and aware of my position in both the company and the work place. I know more people with who I work and interact with, and that makes me less nervous about my job and how I should go about it. On top of all that, I am slowly accomplishing one of my goal of being able to welcome in the other interns, and make them feel more ready for the job. This week is going well!

One thought on “Week 3: Feeling More Established

That’s awesome that you’re getting comfortable and working toward your goals, Vlad! It’s definitely true that working a regular schedule means that your day gets more routine, and that’s cool that you are learning that this is something you like. I’m glad to hear that you are making an impact with the other interns. Did you reflect on your experience as a new intern to inform how you would welcome them?