First Day of Clean Water Action Internship #1

On the first day, I entered Day One of the ten day training cycle. This consisted of  a “retrain” of what the field managers taught me on my observation day before I started the internship. This day was very oriented on me retaining a structure of my rapport in which I have to use in order to talk to “contacts” (people at houses). For the first two and a half hours, I went door to door with a field manager observation how he communicated with contacts. For the last two and half hours, I was able to do this on my own so I could practice and fund raise, educate, and get people involved in the Clean Water Action non-profit.

One thought on “First Day of Clean Water Action Internship #1

Hi Desmond! My name is Jake Albers, Alumni & Employer Engagement Manager for the LSA Opportunity Hub. I will be reading and providing feedback for your blog posts during your internship with Clean Water Action. Thank you for sharing and I am glad to hear that you are getting to interface with possible advocates for CWA so early on in your tenure! Communication is a critical skill no matter your profession. Through this experience you have a great opportunity to hone communication strategies in which you can leverage long into your career. I look forward to learning more! – Jake