Live Nation #1

Hi all, my name is Marty Hubbard and I’m a rising senior in LSA studying music, sales, entrepreneurship, and performing arts management. So far this summer I have interned at Hangout and Bonnaroo music festivals and will spend the next two months interning at Live Nation Global Touring in Chicago.

Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, producing over 25,500 shows annually for over 3,300 artists in 37 countries. Live Nation owns several subsidiaries such as Ticketmaster, C3 presents, and AC Entertainment. Together these companies are responsible for some of the largest tours and festivals of this century, including the likes of Lady Gaga, U2, Bruno Mars, Beyoncé, Coldplay, Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, etc. In this internship, I will learn the ins and outs of how the Live Nation Global Touring division operates as a standalone unit and as a team in tandem with the local Live Nation office.

Every other week I will shadow a different department of the Chicago office and learn how they work together to get a show off the ground. The departments include Booking, Marketing, Sponsorship, Premium Seat Sales, and Finance among others. I will also spend several weeks shadowing the venues owned by Live Nation in the Chicago area to learn how they prepare for tours.

This internship is the first of its kind, and I think it will offer invaluable insight into the world of touring. I expect my time here to be challenging and high-paced, but hopefully familiar and congruent with my previous experience.