First Week Working in the City

I started working at Morningstar in downtown Chicago recently and it is by far the coolest job I’ve ever had. My interests lie with finance and investing, but more specifically with personal finance and equity analysis. This aligns perfectly with Morningstar who are known among individuals most likely for Morningstar.com which provides independent investment research. The first day was spent getting to know the other interns, my team, and the company. Everyone seems great and real friendly while the company itself tries really hard to maintain it’s original feel of a startup and it definitely accomplishes this task.

One thought on “First Week Working in the City

Thank you for your first post, Evan! My name is Jamie Monville and I’m a Mentorship Manager at the Hub. I’ll be following your blog posts this summer!

It sounds like your first couple of days have been really enjoyable and the comany’s core business is well-aligned with your interests! I’d love to learn more about the startup environment of Morningstar as a financial institution in subsequent posts! How does it compare to other work environments you’ve been in and how does it compare to what people might typically imagine as a startup? I also can’t wait to hear more about the projects you’ll be working on this summer!