Beginning of the Program #1

As my first day working for Aramark at Citi Field in Queens approached, I found that I was getting more and more excited. My goal in life is to one day work for a professional sports team, and already as a sophomore, I have the chance to work for a Fortune 250 company in New York City, collaborating with the New York Mets. At the same time, I understood that there were many responsibilities as part of the opportunity, such as maintaining my apartment, hitting deadlines that the job mandates, and budgeting. As I prepared to leave my home in Philadelphia, I realized I did not know what to expect.

Upon beginning, I found that my role was different from what I expected. Originally, I thought I would be working in an office setting and shadowing management. I discovered that instead I would supervise at the stadium’s team store, as well as manage inventory, delegate tasks to associates, and perform audits. The internship turned out to be much more hands-on, and I could not have been more excited. I am being trained in fields that I plan to work when I graduate. I cannot wait to see what the rest of the internship holds!