Food Galore | #6

With the first draft of my second article completed I am now onto new things. The task for me this time is collecting the contact information of various reporters from different news websites that would be interested in covering the startup. A tedious task but important nonetheless.

Outside of work I’ve been trying many different new foods. Taiwanese people eat foods that are completely different from people from Western countries so I’ve had many new food experiences. Taiwan is famous for their night markets – I’ve been to over five different ones so far. Out of all the street food I’ve tried, Spring onion pancake is definitely my favourite. In particular, the ones sold at Luodong Night Market in Luodong Township, Yilan County which is an hour’s train ride away from Taipei. They’re very famous for their spring onion, and I can see why.

If I were to choose the most interesting food experience though, I think the ice-cream and peanut wrap found in night markets tops the list. It’s not super weird or anything, I just think the food itself is a interesting combo of savoury and sweet. It is ice-cream, peanut powder and coriander wrapped together and it tastes surprisingly good!

Taipei is not a great tourist city such as in the case of Beijing or Paris, but it is a great place to live (if you have a decent income) much like Ann Arbor. The food, the people, the more laid back way of life (compared to Mainland China) makes me what to stay longer. I’m definitely going to miss this place when I leave…

2 thoughts on “Food Galore | #6

Hi Buen,

I’m happy to hear that the draft of your second article is finished! Were you able to get some good feedback from your supervisor? How is your workload feeling now that your internship is starting to wrap up?

The night markets you’ve been visiting sound super interesting! What is the picture in the blog post of? I’d love to see a picture of the ice cream and peanut wrap or the spring onion pancake! It’s definitely bittersweet to know that you’ll be leaving, but hopefully this blog and any pictures you’ve taken will help you save some memories of this experience!

This could also be a good point to start thinking about some of the skills you have learned during the internship and how you might be able to convey them in a resume or cove letter! This is also something the Hub can help with via drop-in coaching during the academic year or virtual coaching during the summer: https://lsa.umich.edu/opportunityhub/students/drop-in-hours.html

Best of luck during your last week!

– Danielle

Hi Sung Eun! My apologizes for referring to you by your last name in my previous comment! I hope you have a wonderful weekend 🙂