When buses miss their connection #5

Although getting to my internship on the bus is usually seamless, this week my connecting buses missed each other. I’ll admit that for a second I overreacted and let out a string of expletives. I’m a stickler for being on time and it is rare that I am late but missing a connecting bus happens. Bus drivers are people too.

I did the responsible thing and immediately called my lab manager to let her know what had happened. She was gracious and allowed me to make up the time I had missed by staying late that day. Managers are people as well and most of them understand that occasionally things like this happen. If something like this happens to you and it’s not a regular occurrence, your boss is likely going to understand so don’t panic! Just call and explain.

The most ironic part of the whole adventure was the message painted on the bus door that I nearly missed in my aggravation. I snapped a picture of it before it drove away because it was exactly what I needed to read to remind me not to sweat the small stuff and to pan back out into the bigger perspective. Another bus will be along eventually, always.

Kelly L

Psychology Major.