Another week in the books

A middle of the week holiday can really throw people off, it’s been a quiet week downtown. But, I’ve still been busy. I’ve been doing field work almost every single day related to some new projects the city is undertaking. Bike lanes are currently being installed on Jefferson Avenue so I have been observing how people are reacting to them. It certainly is not the easiest adjustment when learning how to drive alongside bikers. People are constantly driving in bike lanes. Hopefully, with more city wide initiatives, people will become more educated on this issue. I am happy to be a part of the early stage of this (almost) completed project.

I’ve been able to take initiative during this internship and become more independent. I’m looking forward to the final couple of weeks.

One thought on “Another week in the books

Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear that you are staying busy. Regarding the bike lane project on Jefferson Ave., what a great opportunity for you to see the implementation effects of infrastructure on users! Your example is an interesting case on the importance of considering and monitoring user experience when introducing a new service/product/policy, etc. I think this experience will be of value to you as you consider and introduce ideas in your career. Lastly, I am happy that you have had a chance to take initiative during this internship. Keep up the great work! – Jake