Home Away From Home: Blog #2

This picture shows the view that I saw while stepping into the office as I interviewed for the summer intern position. It is unbelievable that New York has become my second home and it is been growing on me since I arrived for my internship. Locating at the center of Midtown New York City, known as One Bryant Park, the Bank of America Tower is one of the tallest buildings in the city with great views of Bryant Park and the New York Public Library. When I visited New York for the first time as a kid and attended the Women’s Program to visit numerous banks in New York, I passed by the Bank of America office building numerous times and hoped that I can work in there one day. This summer- I have achieved my dream since a kid. When I was a sophomore, I have been told that it is extremely difficult to recruit for investment banking internship because it is highly competitive. But I wanted to give it a try even though the chance of getting the internship offer for my junior summer was very small. But I was glad that I made the decision to challenge myself and enter one of the most competitive finance industries. After applying online, passing the online interview and finally the final in-person interview, I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to work at one of the top investment banks in the world to enrich my experience. Here I am- working in the best firm and enjoying the best view in the city from my office desk. Therefore, I learned the importance of never give up pushing myself to do better because dreams do come true.

One thought on “Home Away From Home: Blog #2

Glad to hear that you are settling into your internship so well, Zixuan! Given the challenges you faced with recruiting for an investment banking internship, would you have any tips to share with fellow LSA students? Is there any advice you would like to share with underclassmen (For example, regarding how to select the best fit company to intern for or how to network within such a competitive environment)?