Chennai Week 7

Over the past week or so, I have been trying to find a new project to work on since I am done with the spinning wheel feature. My boss Bhargav really wants a set of social features (sharing the game, rate the game, multiplay, etc). I did research on how difficult each potential social feature is, given the existing code base structure, and presented to the company. Unfortunately since most of the features are difficult to implement, because it will involve structural change to the code base, I will be working on another smaller feature.

While it was a little frustrating to not have a feature to work on for a week, the experience was still valuable in its own way. It shows how important planning is. It will be a lot easier to make the game to have multiplayer features if it is decided before the implementation of the game.

Outside of work I have been playing pool and Badminton with other coworkers. Even though we have work on Saturdays, it is nice that we all go to badminton after work. The internship makes me realize that work-life balance and coworkers with similar interests are traits that I really appreciate. I will keep that in mind while looking for other internships and jobs.

One thought on “Chennai Week 7

Thanks, Lan, for sharing an update on how things are going. I’m sorry that you had a week without a project to work on–I can understand and appreciate how frustrating that can be. But, it is one of those things that just goes with the territory sometimes. When I have weeks like that, I like to use it to see if there are any small tasks that I can accomplish. Maybe there is some paperwork or something like that that needs to be done? Maybe there’s some supply ordering that needs to be done? Those weeks can be very boring, or they can be made into something productive by asking around the office and seeing who might need some assistance.