We all have many individual identities (personality, hobbies, etc.) and group identities (race/ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, religious/political affiliations). Please reflect on a part of your identity that you are seeing or feeling in a different light. #4

This summer has been really interesting. Even though I was not able to find out a different light of my identity, but I was able to get more connected to my religion. In my free time aside from the internship, I had the time to step back and reflect on myself personally and mentally and figure out a way to make myself a better person. Through all the experiences, I am able to improve and understand my own identities. This also was a great way to explore more hobbies such as playing sports, reading and most of all taking care of my wellbeing. At this point in the internship, I am both learning more about myself and learning new knowledge from the internship.

One thought on “We all have many individual identities (personality, hobbies, etc.) and group identities (race/ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, religious/political affiliations). Please reflect on a part of your identity that you are seeing or feeling in a different light. #4

Raihan, I’m so glad to hear that you have been able to learn about yourself through your experience this summer. You say that you’re learning about yourself and figuring out how to make yourself a better person and understand your own identities. I’d love to hear what all of these thoughts are that you’re having! What are you learning about yourself? What are you understanding about your own identities?