A Future New Home | #5

Although I have lived only half an hour outside of New York City my entire life, I have not had the chance to explore nearly as much of the city as I would have liked to. Perhaps it was knowing how conveniently close I was and that the option to visit the city’s many museums, parks, and restaurants was always there that held me at bay but regardless, I have always been in awe of the city’s busy nature and endless opportunity.  As such, I was extremely excited to be living in New York for this summer.

Having now spent some time here, I can only confirm that I am more in love with this city than before.  I think that what I love most is its diversity.  I cannot help but reflect back on a day a few weeks ago where I was sitting on the subway and found myself surrounded by visitors from many different countries speaking French, Chinese, and Arabic just to name a few.  I have always found environments like these to be the most eye opening.

I also love how busy the city is.  It truly does justice to its name as the city that never sleeps.  Whether I am walking through the city’s streets early in the morning or late at night, there are always people about and street events happening that give New York a sense of life that cannot be found anywhere else.  I can only hope that I end up here and can call it my home someday.

One thought on “A Future New Home | #5

Kathy – Living and working in place that you love is definitely something that can have an amazingly wonderful impact on your life. While you have mentioned having some uncertainty around what you want to do career-wise after graduation, it is great to have some opinions or feelings about where you want to live. That can definitely be a guiding factor in your search and in your decision. It’s exciting to hear you are enjoying the experience of a truly magnificent city!