Estrel Berlin #1

This past week was my first week as a Sales & Marketing intern at Estrel Berlin Hotel and Congress Center. I was drawn to this internship because the job description emphasized translating German material into English material. I had done a similar job for the Budapest Business School, where I translated Hungarian tax presentations into English, so I thought this might be a great opportunity to continue building on my translation skills. I was also excited to pursue a position unrelated to education because I think that having such a different experience under my belt will allow me to pursue careers outside of education more easily in the future.

Estrel Berlin is Germany’s largest hotel, with 1,125 rooms and suites, four restaurants, three bars, a summer garden with its own landing pier and a modern wellness & fitness area. The congress center covers a space of 269,000 sq ft. and there are over 75 conference rooms. The hotel even boasts Las Vegas worthy in-house musical productions. The “Elvis – The Musical” show, in particular, has been so successful that the hotel also takes it on tour. The tour has visited seven countries in northern Europe and drawn over 350,000 visitors. This past week, I had the incredible opportunity of utilizing my Hungarian knowledge to expand the tour to Budapest (eastern Europe) by reaching out to potential Hungarian business contacts. Hopefully, we will hear favorable responses from them!

One thought on “Estrel Berlin #1

That sounds incredible! How does the hotel manage to book so many rooms and suites? Also, has the outreach for Budapest resulted in any favorable responses?