My Favorite Experience at this internship// #6

After spending numerous weeks in the European Movement Albania office, I found myself researching and translating numerous documents about Albania’s potential involvement with the European Union, but when I finally got to participate in my first discussion forum about it with the ambassador of the Netherlands in Albania, it was a completely different kind of experience. That week in particular, I was researching grant opportunities supported by the European Union such as Horizon 2020 and how Albania has started to become involved. At the end of that week, I was able to discuss my research with representatives of institutions that applied to Horizon 2020. Leading these discussions were the ambassador of the Netherlands in Albania and Director of Project Management at the Delft University of Technology. Both of these women were able to give insight into what these funding programs look for in potential projects and what direction Albania needs to move toward in order to have a chance to become funded. For many, this topic seems boring or too narrow to worry about, but as someone who is very invested in having Albania move forward, I found the discussion forum to be quite interesting. Not only that, but I was able to have this discussion with female leaders as well! As a research intern, I didn’t think I would actually be involved in these sort of discussions,  but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to learn about this issue that I wasn’t aware of, gain insight from women who are very well-informed on the topic, and further my research to possibly find some sort of funding for Albanian institutions in the future. This was an experience I wasn’t expecting and it’s an experience I will never forget!!

One thought on “My Favorite Experience at this internship// #6

What a unique experience! It’s great to hear that you connected with such influential leaders. I hope this has provided further encouragement about the importance of the research work that you are doing!