Why I like interning

Overall, I like interning at FP1, and interning, in general. I thought I’d share why.

I like interning because I like the people I work with. They’re there to help me, and are kind and conversational. I spend a lot of time with my co-intern, who is fun to talk with, too. I’m glad that I am not the only intern, because I think it would be lonely. I also am glad there are not too many interns, because I still get a lot of face time with employees and leadership.

I like the work I do. I like that it includes some menial work, because it allows me to shut off my mind and listen to music, or talk to people. The easier work serves as a mental break. The work that is more mentally taxing is nice to do because it makes me learn, and makes the day go by faster when my work is more engaging.

One of my favorite parts of the day is when I can go for a walk. It allows me a little break in the day, and, afterwards, I am more productive.

I like that my internship is centered on current events. I feel informed and it’s interesting. DC is an incredibly informed city, and it’s fun to be around.

I like that my internship gives me glimpses into both the political and corporate worlds. I like both of them, so political consulting and public affairs seems like the perfect fit.

I like dressing up every day. It feels professional, and, thankfully, dresses are comfortable, especially with the heat and humidity.