A New Adventure and Experience! #1

Hello!! My name is Madeline Brunt and I am interning for Tim Walberg as a campaign intern.

I am super excited to announce that, so far, this experience has been really rewarding. I wanted to be apart of this internship for the summer because I needed experience before I ventured to D.C for “Michigan in Washington.” I was drawn to a political campaign internship because I wanted to become more of a well rounded student. To become more of a well rounded student, I need to be educated in every aspect of the political world including campaigns. I believe his internship will open so many doors for me, I hope I can and will take every advantage I can get/earn over the next few weeks.

My goals and explications I have for this internship is meeting new people thought the district and interacting with congressmen and congresswomen. I hope to learn the game of campaigning. I would consider campaigning an art or a game. It’s all about who did it better and who ultimately wins.

The only challenge I see in this internship is overcoming rude comments along with disturbing people that present themselves in a nasty manner. I have a hard time overcoming rude people that consider themselves superior to another. I wish myself the best of luck over the next few weeks. 🙂

2 thoughts on “A New Adventure and Experience! #1

Hi Madeline! My name is Maggie Davidson and I am a Data and Systems Analyst at the LSA Opportunity Hub. I, along with Hub Intern Vishal, will be following along with your blogs this summer! Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!

That sounds like an amazing opportunity, Madeline!

It is nice to see that you’re able to learn so much while you prepare for MIW Program. There seems to be a lot to explore and people you can learn from on your journey.

I agree! rude comments and disrespectful people can derail motivation and desire. No one deserves to be disrespected in any way and I would urge you to reach out to your supervisor or mentor who would work with you to navigate these situations. Also, we are right here and you can always call us at 734-763-4674 or send an email at lsa-opphub@umich.edu to set up an appointment with one of our coaches and talk to them. We would be glad to hear you and offer additional support and guidance.

I wish you all the best on your journey and looking forward to hearing more of your experiences.