Independence Day Events #5

Since this past week was the week of Independence Day I was able to get Wednesday, July 4th off. It was an exciting time barbequing and watching fireworks with my family and friends. The work week, while short, was busy for me because my mentor and I met with an environmental attorney to go over our case with us. I proofread a lot of letters and memos that were to be sent to the company that we were taking action against which gave me a better sense of the litigation process. I also continued to check company reports to ensure that they are still within compliance. These upcoming weeks will be focused on reviewing temperature logs and reviewing safety procedures for well inspections. Over the weekend I went to Michigan to attend my relative’s lake house for their annual pig roast which is always a good time. It was nice to get away for a bit for a relaxing weekend!

One thought on “Independence Day Events #5

Hi Karly! It is nice to have a break to relax and enjoy loved ones during a busy work week (or summer)! It seems like you and your mentor have been doing many interesting and important things. Have you thought about what transferable skills you are gaining and how you might portray them on your resume and in future interviews? After this experience I highly recommend visiting the Hub to think about these types of things and help prepare you for your next opportunity!