Why MSG?

For me, pursing an internship at Madison Square Garden for the summer was a no-brainer. Leading the industry in both sports and entertainment, MSG provides the perfect outlet to learn about two separate industries. I have worked with Michigan Athletics for the past two years, a job which I love, but I have always had an interest in the entertainment industry. This internship opportunity allowed me to continue my passion for sports while also giving me the opportunity to try something new, an opportunity that I could not find anywhere else.

I have three main goals walking into this internship: strengthening my understanding of the entertainment industry, evaluating life as a corporate employee, and establishing myself as a young woman in the sports/entertainment industry.

While I am very prepared and excited for my internship, I also know that there are going to be challenges that come with the fun. One thing that I am particularly concerned with is making myself known. Madison Square Garden is a large company with over 50 student interns, and I need to find a way to make myself stick out. Whether or not I decide to work here in the future, something I won’t know until the completion of my internship, I would like to have the option to do so.

I am so lucky to have such a great opportunity to work for the “world’s greatest arena” and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store.

Disclaimer: I wrote this post before starting my internship I just saved it instead of posting it!