Day 1 – Caleb Bohn #2

In this post, I will discuss how my first day at Polaris went.

I woke up at around 6:50am as the interns were supposed to be at the Polaris offices at 8:00am. There were a few hours of orientation with HR and the other interns scheduled. I arrived in the parking lot and watched as many other interns slowly made their way to the front desk area. We all just sort of stood there awkwardly awaiting some direction. Finally, a lady from HR came out to greet us and take us all to another room.

Once in the room, our name cards and supplies were spread throughout different tables. I found mine and sat down. I introduced myself to the girl next to me and we talked while waiting for the orientation to begin. She was super friendly and was in the same boat I was; just as unfamiliar with the whole process. The orientation session went great. We got to hear about the history of Polaris, run through some group activities, and introduce each other to the group.

Afterwards, I waited in the lobby to meet my manager Loren. He arrived and was really nice, and took me on a short tour of the offices. It was incredible to see how many people worked in the building (more than 400), and this was just one of many locations. The building itself was in great shape as it was purchased and renovated just a few years ago.

We grabbed lunch in the cafeteria where they had amazing choices for the day. The food was also priced reasonably which was really nice to know. I definitely will be eating there throughout my internship.

Lastly, I was shown my desk and spent the rest of the day doing some on boarding activities as well as setting up my area.

One thought on “Day 1 – Caleb Bohn #2

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great internship!