Summer Internship – Caleb Bohn #1

In my first post, I will talk about the time leading up to my internship.

I was able to secure in November, an internship with Polaris Industries, one of the largest players in the Power Sports Market. I was extremely excited as well as nervous. I have had many jobs with different sized companies, but never with one of this size. It was a great experience being flown out for an onsite interview and meeting my potential bosses in the fall.

In the months leading up to my internship, I had to figure out housing pretty quickly. I was able to convince 2 of my other friends last minute to move out to Minneapolis with me. The hardest part was finding a rental that would rent to us for only 3-months. Most rentals wanted 6 months or longer. I was able to find a place that was incredibly close to my work and had a room for each of my friends.

A few days before leaving, I began the packing process. It was a lot harder than I thought to pack for just a 3-month period. The night before I left, I was pretty anxious. I felt I was sort of going into the unknown. I woke up the next morning, said goodbye to my girlfriend and family, and headed out through Chicago towards the Twin Cities.

It was a 10 hour drive but it felt shorter. In the next post, I will talk about my first few days at Polaris

One thought on “Summer Internship – Caleb Bohn #1

Caleb,

My name is Josh Lee, and I am one of the coaches in the LSA Opportunity Hub. Myself and one of the Hub Interns will be reading and commenting on your blog. Thank you for this initial post! It sounds like you were able to successfully navigate some of the stresses around relocating for a new opportunity, so congrats on clearing that first hurdle! I am really looking forward to reading about your experience this summer – I hope it is a fulfilling and rewarding one!

-Josh