Update: First Week Experience!

Reporting back to you all to share I have enjoyed the first couple of weeks of my internship!

For the next couple of months, I will be spending my time interning with the National Forum of Higher Education at the University of Michigan. Throughout my internship experience I will be working closely with my fellow peers as well as working with high school seniors in the Michigan and Chicago area, providing my guidance throughout their college application process. This opportunity to work as mentors with high school seniors is what drew me to this internship, for I believe this experience will work in my favor as it further prepares me for my pathway in Education.

On the internship team, I am working alongside my peers who also share the same interest in myself, in regards to helping adolescents who may not receive additional guidance in high school when it comes to applying to college. I know how hard the college application process was for me when I was applying to Michigan, so I am grateful that I am having the privilege to assist these high school seniors in any way I can offer my support.

I look forward to my internship experience and will touch back soon!

One thought on “Update: First Week Experience!

Hi Alexis,

My name is Danielle and I work in the Information Services area of the LSA Opportunity Hub! I’ll be reading and commenting on your blog posts for the rest of the summer!

It’s great that hear that you are enjoying the first few weeks of your internship and that you find it is rewarding to be working with education! It sounds especially well suited to you since you feel that you’ve been in the same place as your students before. What kind of career in education are you interested in or hoping to pursue? I’m interested in hearing how the skills you are picking up at your internship could potentially impact what you are looking for in a future opportunity!

Congratulations on finishing the first few weeks of your internship, I’m looking forward to hearing more!

– Danielle