First Experiences of Internship | #1

I have recently begun my summer internship with Edge On Demand, a software company for energy brokers, in Center City, Philadelphia. While at Edge, my daily role surrounds my new position as a Data Analyst. Since I am working for a software company that specializes in organizing usage data from energy brokers, there are many different fields of information that need to be learned. Moreover, in order to be efficient in what I do, it is essential that I have a solid understanding of the capabilities that each Edge On Demand application possesses.

The required knowledge of our product has also led me to my second project, which I am working on with multiple members of the Edge On Demand team. In order to allow our clients to use our products with greater efficiency, we are currently creating Edge Academy training videos which detail how and what our products are for. These videos will be produced by using applications from the Adobe Suite, and will then be released on a company YouTube channel.

Over the course of the internship, I will be gaining valuable experience using tools such as Jira and the Adobe Suite, in particular Adobe XD and Adobe Premier. I feel that, through this internship, I will be able to greatly increase my knowledge both as a leader of a business and as a marketer.

http://www.edgeondemand.com

2 thoughts on “First Experiences of Internship | #1

Hi Craig! My name is Maggie Davidson and I am a Data and Systems Analyst at the LSA Opportunity Hub. I, along with Hub Intern Vishal, will be following along with your blogs this summer! Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!

Hi, my name is Vishal, a student intern here at the Opportunity Hub.

Thank you for sharing your internship experience, Craig! It is great to hear that you’ve been able to quickly acclimatize yourself with industry-specific information and tools while getting to do a lot of varied tasks such as information processing and video production.

It is great that you’re able to align your internship with your future goal of leading a business and marketing. I am curious if you were able to identify the specifics that you find valuable during your internship and how you would use them in achieving your goals?

I am excited and looking forward to hearing about your experience as you progress on your internship!