Half Way There – #1

I have been actively researching and performing experiments in my MCDB lab for over 2 months. I have nearly mastered dozens of experimental techniques (e.g. cell culturing, viability assays, etc.) – all of which, I only ever learned about in a classroom capacity. Thus far, my experience in the lab has drastically broadened the scope of my scientific knowledge pool and has introduced me to complex physiological concepts, of which I had little to no experience. Pending our quantitative results and any potential publications, the research I partake in will hopefully have positive ripple effects throughout the scientific community. I am truly grateful to my lab’s PI and my mentor for guiding me throughout my academic research journey. I am also grateful to the college of LSA for helping fund my campus living during the summer. Even though summer is half way over and I am currently posting for the first time, I look forward to more consistently updating the LSA community regarding my research endeavors.

Tim

2 thoughts on “Half Way There – #1

Hi Tim! My name is Mike Joiner-Hill, and I’m a Coach Lead at the Hub. I, along with Hub Intern Peyton Sternfeld, will be following along with your blogs this summer! Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!

Hi Timothy, my name is Peyton and I am an intern at the HUB. It seems like you have learned a lot in your MCDB lab and have been able to turn your classroom learnings into the real experiences. It is incredible that your research has the potential ripple effect throughout the scientific community and that you will have a role in that success. You mentioned that you have mastered many techniques in the lab like cell culturing and I am curious to know what you want to learn from the next month in your internship? It sounds like you have done really well so far, but what other skills or experiences do you still want to gain?