Getting ready for the Benefit!

Things have been crazy over at QUAD college advising. Quad is getting ready for their Inaugural anniversary benefit! The anniversary benefit is set for August 12, 2018. It will be located in downtown Detroit at a local bakery shop. Quad is planning on providing free food, treats and information for the upcoming seniors. The team is extremely excited because this marks their one year anniversary as a non profit focusing on Metro-Detroit students. The two founders work pretty hands on with this organization, one just recently graduated Law School while the other is graduating in the next year from Wayne State Law. It is truly amazing to watch them be so involved and passionate about not only their organization but truly educating the parents and families of these students who are getting ready to embark on their journey in pursuing a higher education. Their passion for educating is something I admire and think I am learning so much from in this internship.

As the founders prepare for the event they have assigned me with a very specific task – tackle their social media! Promoting this event has been one of the biggest jobs I’ve done over the past two weeks. I had to make sure they were connected on all social media which basically was a job from the bottom up. I revamped all social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Flyers and post have been made almost every other day in effort to interact and communicate with their following. My goal is to get as much buzz about this event as possible. So far it’s been going pretty good. I am really enjoying watching the statistics of my post and seeing how many people it has reached and how many people are interested in attending!  As we grow closer to our event date we have been even going door to door in neighborhoods to pass out their physical flyers. In additional to promoting this event I have been organizing the RSVP list. Promoting and the RSVP list has been going hand in hand. I have until the end of this month to let the team know how many RSVPS we have so that we can anticipate how much food we will need. This is going to be a bit difficult because the event is set up to have people flow in and out of the building. It is their preference not to have to limit the food servings for their guests so I am hoping that I get as many RSVPS as possible. I am interested to see how this works out!

For the next week, I should be continuing to reach out to people to get RSVP’s for this event and I will be receiving my new assignment next week. I am interested in what this new assignment will consist of and the things I will learn from it!

Until Next Time,

Eboni

One thought on “Getting ready for the Benefit!

Eboni,

Thank you so much for going into such great detail about your latest projects for the benefit. Wow, you’ve got a lot on your plate! I supervise our Communications team in the Hub, and I’m with you, tracking the analytics on social media posts is thrilling. I checked out your social media posts for Quad, looking good! Love seeing a little peak of Michigan’s campus on there. 🙂 And that Quad’s founders are UM alumna – event better. Go Blue!

I see that Phaedra is an LSA alumna herself. Have you gotten to pick her brain at all about how her liberal arts education helped set her up for success in law school and running a non-profit? Does her path, or the work you’re doing with Quad, mirror some of your own journey at all? Could be an insightful conversation to have, if you haven’t got to already.