Beginning of My Internship | #1

Being able to attend a school like Michigan is one of the greatest honors you can receive. Michigan has endless opportunities which allow you to be able to get involved from the moment you step foot on campus. My freshman year, I was involved with the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) which allowed me to be able to be apart of research from the beginning of my college experience. Researching in the Cancer Center really opened my eyes to the different types of research there is and the impacts that it has on the lives of countless people. From that experience, I was able to get a grant and research this summer in the field of infectious disease, which I am more interested in. Through this opportunity, I will be able to get a better insight on how diseases are spread and their impacts on the Michigan Medicine community.

One thought on “Beginning of My Internship | #1

Hi Sopuluchukwu!

My name is Beth Bodiya and I’m a Hub coach at the Hub. I, along with one of our Hub Interns, Jenny, will be following along with your blogs this summer! Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!

Thanks,
    Beth