Leaving DC, But Not For Long #6

I just finished my last day of work at the National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities. While I was pretty bored with the tasks I was given at the beginning, I left doing work that kept me challenged and busy. I left NASUAD at a busy time since their conference is coming up next month. I think it would be a cool experience to attend the conference. Though, I also felt that a 6-week internship was a good amount of time. It was long enough for me to understand the type of work done at NASUAD and to gain skills from completing unique projects.

When I am going to be asked what my favorite part of the internship was, it is going to be the people I have met. In my program and at my office, I have met so many genuine, interesting people that have helped me grow this summer. I am sad that I have to leave DC, but I know that I am going to stay in touch with everyone.

Furthermore, I also loved living in DC, specifically at GW. GW has the perfect location since it is close to the mall and near Georgetown. There has been so much to see and do in the nation’s capital. I will miss everything that DC has to offer. I loved living in DC so much that I have started to consider doing the Michigan in Washington program so I can come back to DC to study and intern.

One thought on “Leaving DC, But Not For Long #6

Hi Scott,

It’s great to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time in DC and your internship was a good experience! Do you feel like now that you’ve had a taste of what it’s like to work for an organization like NASUAD you would be interested in interning at a similar organization in the future? It seems like that kind of work would be satisfying for you after what I’ve read in your posts about your interest in mission based organizations. Happy to hear that you’re interested in continuing to stay connected with DC through the Michigan in Washington program! Michigan has such an incredible alumni base in DC, I might suggest checking out the Career Center’s UCAN network of alumni to see who you can connect with in DC in the future! As you start to consider those future opportunities and what you might be on to next, feel free to stop into the LSA Opportunity Hub to get some guidance and direction. We would love to meet you!

Best of luck and congrats on a successful internship experience!

– Danielle