Pre-Internship | #1

Note the dates: These are older blog posts that I did not have a chance to post.

6/1

Hello everyone! My name is Azhar Aboubaker and I am double majoring in International studies and Sociology at the University of Michigan. I chose to do my internship at the American Friends Service Committee in Ypsilanti. AFSC is a Quaker organization that does advocacy for a variety of causes. The one I am working with focuses on prisoner advocacy.

I have always had an interest in prison reform and found myself drawn to this field throughout my college career. I worked with the Prison Creative Arts Program and fell in love; now I am doing a study abroad in Brazil that centers around theatre and incarceration (through PCAP).  AFSC seemed like a natural step and I am excited to get started in a few weeks.

2 thoughts on “Pre-Internship | #1

Greetings, Azhar! I’m Tyler from the Opportunity Hub, and I’ll be following your blog this summer. Thank you so much for sharing your internship experience with me here. I’m excited to hear about your internship and specifically about the projects on which you will embark.

Until next time,
    Tyler

Hello, Tyler!

I’m glad to have you along with me on this journey.