Temporary Home | #4

I currently live in an apartment on North Campus and it’s really been a big transition for me. Having to buy groceries, toiletries, getting around on your own is all a learning process. People usually don’t advise you to live on North Campus but I like it a lot. Since I’ve been doing alot of work, I enjoy the peace and quiet up there. If I ever need anything, courtyard shops is across the street or I can even walk to a nearby gas station. The 23 is also across the street and the bus system is really easy to follow with the app Transit. I’ve gotten alot better at cleaning up after myself and keeping all my stuff organized and together. It’s definitely going to suck having to move back into the dorms because I really enjoy apartment life.

3 thoughts on “Temporary Home | #4

Hello Sopuluchukwu!

I’m Jenny, a student engagement intern at the LSA Opportunity Hub and I’m excited to be following your blog posts this summer!

Your medical research sounds awesome and really meaningful. This is also the first summer I stayed in Ann Arbor, and I totally agree with you that the climate is so different. I definitely love summer here and I’m glad you’re enjoying its perks too (Frida’s is addicting). I seldom go up on North Campus, but I do know many people who enjoy its tranquility. I’m sorry to hear that you don’t feel like moving back to the dorms! Is it mandatory?

Thank you so much for sharing Sopuluchukwu, and I look forward to reading your next blogs. I’d love to hear more about your research, your interests and role at the lab!

Best,
    Jenny

Also, I’m not sure if you’ve heard of Beyond the Diag, but it’s a great resource for off-campus housing and you may find something for when you consider living in apartments in the future!

https://offcampus.umich.edu

I will definitely look into that! Thanks