The Start of My Summer in DC | #1

This last semester, I spent my semester participating in the Michigan in Washington program. I spent 4 months living, working, and experiencing D.C., and it was a city I completely fell in love with. I knew that, besides working in politics, D.C. was just a perfect fit for me as a city. Between the history, the people, the young atmosphere, and the local culture, I felt like this was the city I wanted to work with.

This summer, I will be working at a research and advisory firm called Gartner. Gartner is an industry-leading, one of a kind company that specializes in developing companies to reach their full potential.

As I look back on the beginning of my internship, I am amazed by how much I am able to learn in a new setting. While my internship during the Michigan in Washington was very political, this one is very business-oriented. I had never had an internship even remotely like this. However, between all the great interns I’m working with and the staff I am supporting, I have been able to learn so much about the business sector that I was worried I’d never be able to learn.

One thought on “The Start of My Summer in DC | #1

Hi Daniel, I’m Tyler from the Opportunity Hub. Thanks so much for sharing your internship experience with me through the blog. I am really excited to learn about your summer internship with Gartner. It really sounds like you are set up for success in your internship, and it will be interesting as you take the opportunity to reflect upon how this experience continues to be different than your past experiences.

I’ll be excited to hear about how your internship experience unfolds and what type of projects you will have an opportunity to go forth.

Until next time,
    Tyler