Getting Started #1

This summer I am interning at the National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good in the School of Education at the University of Michigan. The National Forum was established in 2000 and since then has focused on promoting and supporting higher education for the public good. I am thrilled and privileged to be able to work with them.

I first heard about the National Forum through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program at U of M, and I was greatly interested in the Policy Analysis Project they were working on. I was able to join them in this project and since then I have worked alongside them, researching, learning, and discovering. When they offered me the opportunity to continue to work on this project during the summer I felt tremendously honored.

I expect to continue to learn more about conducting research through this internship, specifically writing a literature review as this will be the main focus of the work I do this summer. A possible challenge that I foresee is communicating with the project leader as he will not be in Ann Arbor, but I hope to communicate with him constantly via email.

One thought on “Getting Started #1

Hi Melissa
    My name is Beth Bodiya and I am a Hub Coach at the Opportunity Hub; I will be following your blog posts this summer and can’t wait to hear how your internship goes. I can sense your enthusiasm, as you dive into the first few weeks!

What an awesome opportunity to intern at the National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good! Props to being asked to continue your work with them; it’s clear that they recognize your hard work and contributions to team in asking you to stay on. Is your role this summer similar to the school year, or in what ways has it shifted?

Can you share more about the Policy Analysis Project? I’m excited to learn more about what your research is on, and what you learn about researching through the experience!

Best of luck as you get started,
    Beth