Projects & Leadership Positions

As of now, I am past the mid-way point for my internship, and I couldn’t be happier. I have been assigned a major project for the summer, which I couldn’t be more excited about. My project is to organize a day where we invite about 45 students from the University of Michigan, Michigan State, Western Michigan University, among some interns working with the company, to meet with different leadership within the company as well as get a tour of Downtown Detroit. The purpose of this day is to show students that they can live, work, and be successful in Detroit post-graduation. Also, many students choose to go to other major cities, even if they are from Detroit, because they believe that opportunity is greater there. But we want to help keep our talent here, and expose the students to all of the opportunity that is here, and show them the opportunity that’s to come. This summer I have definitely taken up more of a leadership role as I tackle this project, among my other daily tasks. With my team being pretty face-paced, it has taught me how to really manage my time in the workplace. I continue to learn more information and skills that I can take with me as I go back to school.

One thought on “Projects & Leadership Positions

Hi Travon, really glad to hear that you’re very happy with how your internship has been going.

That sounds like a much needed project that helps show students that Detroit is a place that they can work and thrive. It’s great to hear that you’ve taken up such a strong leadership role as I’m sure that has helped you feel more directly empowered in your internship.

Keep up the great work and keep learning everywhere you can!