Finding my internship | Post #1

While searching for an internship I knew I wanted to work in Washington D.C. to see what it was really like to live and work in the nation’s capital. To accompany living and working in D.C. I also knew that I wanted to work for the government in any capacity I could – so I immediately set out to find an internship that would allow me to accomplish both tasks.

During the application process I sent out dozens of applications to as many federal agencies and private firms as I could find in D.C. to broaden my chances of landing an internship in Washington. After waiting to hear back from some, and in other cases not hearing back at all, I finally found an opening at the Department of Transportation for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Soon after I had my interview and my start date, I was beyond excited to have finally achieved what I wanted to have achieved: an internship in Washington D.C. for a federal agency.

One thought on “Finding my internship | Post #1

Hello Grant – My name is Kate, and I’m one of the Coaches at the Opportunity Hub. I, along with Hub Intern Zane, will be following along with your blogs this summer. We’re looking forward to learning about your experience with the FMSCA!