Final Goodbye

With only 1 month left of my internship, it is hard to believe that 3 months have flown by so quickly.  I can honestly say that I have greatly enjoyed this experience. I look forward to getting up and going to work and having a new adventure every day. My internship has been a fulfilling and worthwhile experience, especially when it came to figuring out what I want to base my career around. Working at MyVoice, I was fortunate enough to have experienced firsthand and learned many different strategies in developing a project, starting with the general process of how a project is initially planned, to how each project is actualized to completion.

Overall I think the internship was a superb experience that opened my eyes to the many nuances and processes that color the policies we see on the books, that I was initially unaware of. I feel like the classes that I have taken did a great job in preparing me to step into a research assistant position and excel at it. With all that I have learnt, I look forward to graduating this May. I plan on pursuing a role that allows me to further delve into the enacting of policies and regulations that improve the lives of us all as Americans. I am completely confident that my technical abilities matched with my new knowledge will make me perfect for any role that I assume.

I want to finally extend an effusive thank you to my mentors, Dr. Tammy Chang and Dr. Melissa Dejonckheere, who have been very instrumental to the impeccable internship I have had. They and the MyVoice team have been very patient and supportive from Day 1 and have only been a greater boon to my success as time has elapsed. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked with and learned from them over these almost 3 years.

One thought on “Final Goodbye

Hi Andre – It’s inspiring to read how your work with MyVoice has shaped your understanding of policy as well as your confidence with the processes that go into planning and seeing through projects. As you get ready to wrap-up this multi-year experience, I hope you will get the opportunity to build a portfolio highlighting your contributions and to reflect with your mentors about your growth and where you hope to head next.

One quick note: you have one final post to write in order to meet your blogging requirements for the summer. I’d be curious to learn more about the connections you noticed between your coursework and your work with MyVoice or about any experiences you’ve had this summer that have illuminated what kind of work-life balance is important to you. What you write is obviously up to you!

-Kate