My first day | #1

The great thing about this internship at the State Attorney’s office is that it is in my home city. I know this city like the back of my hand and the commute to work is not difficult at all. On the first day of my internship, since I did not have an ID, I could not get into the courthouse. Very embarrassingly I called my supervisor and asked what to do. He advised me to wait downstairs and he would be down in a second. I waited outside and met him for the first time and he escorted me through security. The first day was great! I meet everyone in the office. Someone in the office had just received a promotion and the office party brought CAKE!

The next week I came in straight to work which I love doing.

One thought on “My first day | #1

I’m glad to hear that your first day in the office was a positive experience, Gabriela! That first day is critical because it sets the tone for so much more of what will happen during the rest of the internship. It sounds like, at the end of the day, not having your ID badge wasn’t a big deal at all! It sounds like your supervisor is very willing to help you out as well, which is a great thing. One encouragement I have for you is that as you begin to establish a working relationship with your supervisor, make goal-setting an explicit part of the conversation. An internship does not last long, and it’ll be over before you know it. Setting goals up front will help ensure that the experience delivers on the learning objectives that you want to achieve during your time with the organization.