My Job at a Glance | #2

Going into my internship, I had an idea of what to expect, but I didn’t exactly know what it would be like. When I worked at a summer camp in the past, the majority of my work consisted of interacting with the children directly in classrooms. Here at Dream, most of my work is behind the scenes.

My workload during these first few weeks has been gradually increasing as camp settles in and student attendance becomes finalized. I help our operations team with enrollment processes like calendar management, managing attendance, and making phone calls to parents. We manage over 150 kids and I also assist in planning different events for them. Although I work behind the scenes, I can assist in any of our 10 classrooms and interact with the kids whenever. I enjoy having the freedom of being able to move between the office and classrooms.

What I am looking forward to next is building a relationship with many of the kids and learning their names. This will allow me to better help the kids when I am not in the office, and provide emotional support when needed.

Amir

LSA: Biopsychology, Cognition, & Neuroscience Class of 2019