The End is in Sight (#4)

The MSPICED internship has 3 weeks left. According to our lab manager, we may start scheduling families to come into the lab as early as next week, but I’m skeptical. So far we have only collected data at the Hands-On Museum and at local parks. That testing takes place on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are usually filled with mundane lab tasks. Such tasks include cross-checking data, data entry, video coding for some of us, and building parts of apparatus’ for testing.

Truthfully, I wish that I had more exciting information to share about my experience. I don’t think that it helps that I am a University of Michigan native. I think that this has put a bit of a barrier between myself and the other interns, just because I am not as eager and excited to spend time exploring the city since I am already familiar with it. Last summer all of the interns were from other places, which I think encouraged us to socialize with one another more and rely on each other for companionship.

I hope that this internship picks up some intensity in the last few weeks. I would love to have the opportunity to bring a family into the lab and help run a study.