Week 6: Approaching the End

As I begin to write this, I realize that it is technically more like the end of my 7th (8ish?) week here at my internship, since that is actually how long it is supposed to last, but never mind that now, this is my final week actually working for my company and I’m a bit lazy to go back and adjust all of the names of my previous posts.

The one thing I did not expect from my last week, is that I would have a lot more work this week, than I did in any other week of my internship. A new project got launched at the hotel where I am at, as well as my boss has been assigning a lot of mini last minute tasks for me these last few days, that it is making this week a bit overbearing, at least in comparison. But honestly I don’t think that this will be much of a problem, and I think that I can definitely handle it all.

Other than that I am just very excited to make my way home already. I’ve been eating a lot of hotel food throughout my time here, and so to get a home cooked meal would be amazing for a change. Also I very much so miss my bed back home, as well as my beloved air conditioning unit. On top of all that, I have definitely learned a lot from my time interning abroad for a Greek start-up, and am ready to take that knowledge back home and try to somehow apply it to my everyday life back home. I want to give thanks to all the people I have met during my journey, and wish them all the best of luck, thank you for your lessons that have given me new insight on the world.

One thought on “Week 6: Approaching the End

Vlad, I’m so glad that you’ve had a good experience at your internship. I do know what you mean about having the most work in your last week. Did you find that, in addition to the work your boss put on your plate, you had a hard time wrapping everything up? I know that, in my experience, the last week can be the one with the most work because that’s when you realize how much you have to do before you leave!

I’m so intrigued by what you said about having learned a lot and you’re ready to take it back home and apply it. What are some of the things that you learned? How do you think you may apply them?

That said, while I’d love to hear your response to that, I do want to acknowledge that this is the final blog post that you are required to do for us. However, if you do continue blogging, I will absolutely still read them and respond! Thank you for telling us about your internship and I hope you have a great rest of your summer!

Maggie