Blog 2: The Beginning

My internship has been very different than I expected. As my first real office job, just getting used to the 9-5 life style has been a challenge. I find it funny that I always used to pester my mom when she was tired from a long day of work, and now I go to bed at 9pm.

As for the work, there are interesting days and less interesting days. Overall I love the job, but I also sometimes feel as though I could be used more. The job that I have is difficult to assign work for because it is necessary that I form relationships with partners. A lot of relationships we already have are already attached to a full-time employee and the new ones we make are difficult to maintain as I am only here for 3 months. My team does a great job including me, mostly as a middle man and the first contact when creating a new partnership, but they make me feel important and that is really what matters to me.

Madison Square Garden has been an exciting place to work– I have been to two concerts and a WNBA game for free. I have also gone on tours of all their properties and met some very cool people. They have parties when important concerts come and provide students with fantastic networking events. The work culture is amazing, and that’s something I really wanted when looking for a job.