Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis/Paramount Lot | #4

Last weekend, I had the absolute pleasure of working as a Truck Production Assistant for the Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis. The amazing Lizz Zanin and Joel Gallen were the directors, and I felt comfortable and ready to take on more tasks with familiar faces. These connections that I made during the MTV Movie and TV Awards have already shown their benefits.

Being able to be in the production truck for a show of this magnitude for the second time was a huge learning experience. With these opportunities to work on large scale projects, I think it will really help me gain the confidence I need as I go back to school to produce Big Ten Network broadcasts and productions for classes. Assisting and observing such talented directors has been a great opportunity, and I will carry back to Ann Arbor many lessons from them.

As far as my internship goes, things are amazing! We spend some time at the Paramount Production Lot, and it was so beautiful and inspiring.

We were able to get a behind the scenes experience for one of our shows, The Doctors. I met the amazing Brooke Turner (Michigan alum) who is a producer for the show. Our time at the Paramount lot has been my favorite part of my internship, and seeing the moving parts of multiple productions happening at once was so inspiring. There is so much possibility in this industry, and I am ready to chase it!

One thought on “Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis/Paramount Lot | #4

Wow Lauren! Your experience continues to be a standout one! It’s so great to hear that you’re getting so involved and hands on during your internship.

These experiences you’re having really help to shape your understanding of things and help to identify where your passions are. It sounds like you’ve been really enjoying getting to see the behind the scenes work, and also working with some great people along the way. Great to hear how inspired and excited you are!

Keep up the great work!