Is it My Thing? | #2

I work inside the criminal court in Chicago and at first, I was not sure if I would enjoy criminal law but this internship has allowed me to realize that I love it. There are prosecutors, judges, law students and everything in between I am able to interact with and learn from.

This internship is full of new information that allows me to find out what I really want to do in my career.

I am working with an attorney that has been doing what he is doing for 15 years and enjoys it every day. He advised told me that he feels good every day knowing he is helping put the “bad guys” in jail. It is rewarding to see families receive justice through the court systems.

I want that feeling every day and I hope to gain it from working with immigrants families or maybe in criminal proceedings.

I will keep learning more!

One thought on “Is it My Thing? | #2

I’m glad to hear that you are loving the work that you do! Working in the criminal justice system can be a very demanding, but also a very rewarding, place to work. It sounds like you are discovering this first-hand. Keep reflecting on the experiences that you’re having throughout your internship, and I think you’ll come away from the experience with a far greater appreciation for it.