project #1 done!

Coming into my internship, Panasonic required that I set 3 goals to accomplish by the end of my 10 weeks. Two were to be given to me by my manager and one I was to set myself. One of my given goals was to complete a marketing strategy for the whole industry. Today, I’m presenting my final project and I’m so excited. It felt incredible to be dealt all this responsibility and it feels even better that my work will be seen all the way in Japan at headquarters. A member on my team even told me she was surprised at how great my work was for no previous background in the field. As a young professional with little experience, it’s hard to be confident in what you’re doing without words or signals of affirmation. This was my first time developing a marketing/sales strategy for an entire company and it was nerve-wracking. I mean, how was I to know that I was doing the right thing? That’s why I think my coworkers support means the world to me because a simple ‘good job’ goes a long way with an intern; constructive criticism has also been so important during my time here. While I may be working hard and doing well, there are ALWAYS things I can change and improve on so it’s helpful to have people who don’t shy away from the awkwardness that might result from criticism.

Tomorrow is the last day of my 7th week at Panasonic. Crazy how time flies but excited to see where the last 3 weeks takes me with my second project.

One thought on “project #1 done!

Hi Marlisa,

Thank you for your amazing posts! My name is DeMario Bell and I am the Information Services Coordinator at the Opportunity Hub. I will be following your blog posts. I really enjoyed reading them — so fascinating. I love reading that you had a great experience at Panasonic. They are a great company. It seems like you were able to maximize your experience and tailor the type of experience that you wanted. I want to apologize that your first experience was not as beneficial as you would have hoped. Good job to you and your mentor for drafting 3 questions about what you expect out of your internship. That is a great way to hold you and them accountable. I’m interested in hearing more about your marketing strategy presentation. How did it go? That is amazing! You should add that to your professional portfolio.