Italy Blog 5

At this point in the internship, I have settled into a routine. I am a lover of rhythm. I have often been caught eating the same things every day. My friends always notice that about me. When we go out, I have an order. Here, my order differs at each place, but I definitely have something that I gravitate towards. The other interns have started to notice and make fun of me for it. I don’t mind so much, in fact, I think it’s funny too. I just always crave the same things I suppose. I like having a rhythm and am happy to have one here. The beginning of the internship was a little more out of my comfort zone because we were often teaching at different schools and I did not have a good idea of my routine. To me, Italian life seems to be a lot about routine. People have their habits, and they tend not to break them. It was a shame to feel like I wasn’t experiencing that part of the culture for so long. I always like to know where I’m going, what I’ll be doing, and for how long I’ll be doing it like the back of my hand. I’m glad to have a routine and to have that feeling back.